الثلاثاء، 14 ديسمبر 2010

Phonics Materials

 

I originally thought my free phonics materials  and more
phonics worksheets, phonics posters, flash cards for introduction, coloring sheets, game cards, handouts, worksheet makerswere what people might be looking for.  However, most people come for flash cards and I spent a lot of time getting those up and I have recently began paying more attention to this section.  

         
English as a foreign languageconsonants/short vowels, blendslong vowels (silent e,) and consonant digraphsvowel combinationsr-controlled vowels and Dolch sight wordsThere are many resources available for phonics education, but I have been frustrated by what's available and how those don't apply so well when teaching   and especially in Japan where the Roman alphabet itself is foreign.  I start out with a phonics only system moving children slowly through hard   (as those are the most difficult for Japanese students,) .   Once they've got those down we begin , and that pretty much gets the reading ball rolling.  I follow with .  Those are the first steps I take and the order is debatable.  I hope to get a more information up as time permits. alphabetlower caseFor young learners (4yrs-6yrs) I do a letter of the day to start them off.  They say the letter and then learn 2 words that start with that letter.  I then repeat the   focusing on   and have them recall 2 words that start with that letter and then teach them the reading.  For young learners (6yrs+) I start them off with both 2 words and the letter's reading. I spend about 5 minutes each lesson on this and it breaks up the class nicely as a transient portion of the lesson.   See the left hand menu for a list of the currently available downloads. Some new and exciting phonics materials are on their way.  The first of which come from my new site Tools for Educators.com.  You can

create printable phonics game boards, phonics board games, phonics dice, reading worksheets, writing worksheets, spelling worksheets, tracing worksheets

and more!  The phonics section at Tools for Educators.
Fun Fonix.com is another MES site with phonics specific resources.  There are free phonics e-books for printing, clipart to make your own phonics worksheets.  Free worksheet makers with images or text. I have started a students section with online games.  I hope your students enjoy them.
I will be posting as time permits so check back for updates.  As always, emails about questions, comments, encouragement, broken links or file problem are very much welcomed.
- Mark

 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق